Tutorials are offered for the neuromorphic systems.
The DYNAP-SE, SpiNNaker and BrainScaleS tutorials will each run twice during NICE – with the same content for both instances – to allow participants to choose the more convenient time.
- BrainScaleS (Heidelberg), hands-on provided by Eric Müller, Johannes Weis, Sebastian Billaudelle, Arne Emmel
(Offered Tuesday, 16 March at 21:00h CET and Thursday, 18 March at 10:00h CET)
The system can be accessed remotely via a web-browser by the participants to run networks, which will be prepared and explained during the hands-on sessions. The access requires an EBRAINS account (see below)
- DYNAP-SE (Zürich). Tutorial provided by Yigit Demirag and Dmitrii Zendrikov, Institute of Neuroinformatics of UZH and ETH Zürich
(Offered Tuesday, 16 March at 21:00h CET and Friday, 19 March at 10:00h CET)
- 1-hour live/interactive Dynapse demo: demo on a real Dynapse, take questions and implementing small changes from the audience.
- 2-hour guided session where participants run a Jupyter notebook with simulations modelling Dynapse. This part is limited to 15 people per session
- Loihi (Intel):
(Offered Wednesday, 17 March at 20:30h CET)
We’ll cover a few new “advanced” topics of interest to the community. These are
- Characterizing energy and performance of Loihi workloads
- Solving and constraint satisfaction problems on Loihi and benchmarking them to a state-of-the-art CPU solver
- Training deep SNNs for Loihi with SLAYER
- SpiNNaker (Manchester), hands-on provided by Andrew Rowley and Christian Brenninkmeijer
(Offered on Wednesday, 17 March at 10:30h CET and Thursday, 18 March at 21:00h CET)
The system can be accessed remotely via a web-browser by the participants to run networks, which will be prepared and explained during the hands-on sessions. The access requires an EBRAINS account (see below).
Pre-requirements / preparation
We’ll present on these topics and show some code running. Anyone who has access to Loihi will be able to find and run the code themselves, but we’d like to clarify that access to Loihi is not required for attending the tutorials. If you want to get access to Loihi, please email [email protected] to get legal access to the Loihi cloud systems.
For SpiNNaker and BrainScaleS
To be able to use the systems “hands-on”, please do this in advance of the tutorial days (e.g. “now”):
- register (free of charge) for an EBRAINS account: register here
- email the created accounts username to [email protected]
We will then prepare a “Collaboratory” and a test-quota for using the machines for you
With the account and test-quota the SpiNNaker and BrainScaleS systems can also be used before and after the tutorial sessions.