2020 Neuro-Inspired Computational Elements Workshop
The 8th Annual Neuro-Inspired Computational Elements (NICE) Workshop will take place March 17-20th, 2020 at the Kirchhoff-Institute for Physics at Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, GERMANY.
Friday March 20th, 2020 will be the tutorial sessions day.
The conference continues to bring together the varied and diverse researchers and applications within the neuromorphic computational and the information processing communities and to promote the current industry advancements and inspire the future of neuro-inspired computational system solutions.
NICE moved by one week to March, 17-20th, 2020
Since the initial announcement of the NICE 2020 date at NICE 2019 two date-clashes with other meetings came up. To avoid the overlap with NAISyS (March 24-28th) and AICAS 2020 (March 23-25th) we decided to move the NICE by one week to March 17-20th, 2020.
- Registration: Early bird for registrations in 2019, normal registration until 2 weeks before the event.
- Info to abstract / paper submitter about accepted-for-talk: 17 January 2020 (with deadline for any updates to the papers / abstracts going into the proceedings: 31 January 2020)
- Monday (16 March 2020) in the afternoon: pre-NICE event ‘Neuromorphic computing for industry’
- Monday (16 March 2020): the satellite workshop ‘vector-symbolic architectures / hyper dimensional computing’ is organised independently of NICE by Luleå University of Technology (Sweden) and UC Berkeley (USA) with an own organisation committee (see the satellite event description page)
- Main NICE:
- Tuesday (17 March 2020) – Thursday (19 March 2020): NICE talks and presentations, discussions, poster sessions
- Friday (20 March 2020): Hands-on tutorials (SpiNNaker, BrainScaleS, …). The tutorial can be booked separately.
Registration: register for NICE 2020
Registration options (early bird rates — 80 Euro reduction compared to the standard rate — are available for registrations still in 2019, i.e. until 31 December 2019 midnight): (Registering also for the satellite event ‘vector-symbolic architectures / hyper dimensional computing’ adds 40 Euro)
|Regular attendant||Student attendant|
|Without Tutorial day||400€ (early bird: 320€)||180€ (early bird: 100€)|
|With Tutorial day||540€ (early bird: 460€)||320€ (early bird: 240€)|